How can Training in South Africa help in the Retention of Employees
Options for employee training and development are magnifying due to these factors:
• technological innovations,
• employee retention strategies, and
• the need for organizations to constantly develop their employees’ ability to keep up with the pace of change.
So, sending an employee off for training at a one-day seminar or a week-long workshop is only one of many options that exist as an option for training in South Africa. When you think about education, training, and development, options exist externally, internally, and online. Choices range from seminars to book clubs to mentoring programs.
Training and Development institutions have traditionally recommended a minimum of 40 hours of training a year for every employee. This is consistent with the emphasis employees place on the opportunity to grow and develop both their skills and career while in an organisation’s employment. The chance for ongoing development is one of the top five factors employees want to experience at work. In fact, the inability of an employee to see progress is an often the major reason for leaving an organisation. As a retention strategy for your preferred employees, training and development rates highly. Only their perception of their salary and benefits as competitive, and reporting to a manager they like, rate higher.
What Your Organization Can Do to Facilitate Continuous Learning and Regular Training
• Create a learning environment. Communicate the expectation for learning.
• Offer work time support for learning. Make online learning and reading part of every employee’s day.
• Provide a professional library.
• Offer college tuition reimbursement.
• Enable flexible schedules so employees can attend classes.
• Pay for professional association memberships and conference attendance annually for employees.
Training in South Africa is crucial to the ongoing development of the people you employ and their retention and success. Be creative to provide diverse opportunities for training in the organisation.